Welcome to the Market Harborough Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan (LCWIP) engagement. This is the next step in helping develop an attractive and joined-up cycling and walking network in Leicestershire.
Following the adoption of our Cycling and Walking Strategy and Action Plan in 2021, we are now in the process of developing LCWIPs for areas surrounding Leicester city and the towns within Leicestershire. In addition, supporting district councils who choose to develop LCWIPs for other areas.
What LCWIPs will do:
· Set out the vision and priorities for cycling and walking improvements in each of the areas
· create attractive and joined-up cycling and walking networks
· encourage people to travel more sustainably.
The map below shows the proposed routes for improvements over the next 10 years.
These proposals are not final! This is your chance to help influence the priority cycling and walking network:
· Let us know what improvements to cycling and walking routes you would like to see, and where
· Let us know if we are missing a key route
· Let us have any other feedback you think would be of value
How to have your say:
A 4-week map based public engagement is taking place from 26 September to 24 October, seeking your feedback on the draft proposed Cycling and Walking network.
Please find the map below where you can mention features you like or dislike and leave a comment.
If you require the engagement material in an alternative format, please call 0116 305 9253 or email email@example.com .
What happens next?
Feedback received will be considered alongside the data evidence collated as part of the LCWIP development process, to help shape and create an updated network plan and identify potential concept plans of infrastructure for inclusion in the final draft LCWIP.
There will be further opportunity to provide feedback on the final draft LCWIP next year, and a summary of the engagement will be available to view on our You said, we did page.
- What is an LCWIP?
- Why is an LCWIP being developed?
- What feedback is being requested?
- How do I provide feedback?
- Is there a limit on number of comments or pins on the map I can make?
- Is this the final version of the network?
- How will feedback be used?
- Will there be further opportunities to feedback on the Plan?
- What do ‘Prestige’, ‘Primary’, ‘Secondary’, ‘Local’ and ‘Link’ routes mean?
- When will this network be improved?
- Why does the plan not include every cycling and walking route or cover a wider area?
- What if I live in an area that is not covered by an LCWIP?
- Will the LCWIP be updated?
- What happens next?
- How does the LCWIP work align with the Market Harborough Transport Strategy?